White Identities: A Critical Sociological Approach ( Editura: Pluto Press/Books Outlet, Autori: Simon Clarke, Steve Garner ISBN 9780745327488 )
The study of white ethnicities is becoming increasingly important in the social sciences. This book provides a critical introduction to the topic. Whiteness has traditionally been seen as "ethnically transparent" -- the marker against which other ethnicities are measured. This analysis is clearly incorrect, but only recently have many race and ethnicity scholars moved away from focusing on ethnic minorities and instead oriented their studies around the construction of white identities. Simon Clarke and Steve Garner's book is designed to guide students as they explore how white identities are forged using both sociological and psycho-social ideas. Including an excellent survey of the existing literature and original research from the UK, this book will be an invaluable guide for sociology students taking modules in race and ethnicity.
- Working the American Way: How to Work and Communicate Successfully With Americans at work ( Editura: How To Books/Books Outlet, Autor: Robert Day ISBN 9781857039849 )15,00 RON
- Towards a Second Republic: Irish Politics after the Celtic Tiger (Editura: Pluto Press/Books Outlet, Autori: Peadar Kirby, Mary P. Murphy ISBN 9780745330556 )15,00 RON
- Global Governance in Question: Empire, Class and the New Common Sense in Managing North-South Relations ( Editura: Pluto Press/Books Outlet, Autor: Susanne Soederberg ISBN 9780745320694 )15,00 RON
- Lumea de maine. Ce urmeaza dupa pandemie? Reflectii si proiectii (Editura: Curtea Veche isbn 978-606-44-0681-1)63,00 RON70,00 RON (-10%)
- 54,00 RON60,00 RON (-10%)
- 34,20 RON38,00 RON (-10%)