Giving Up Without Giving Up: Meditation and Depressions ( Editura: Bloomsbury/Books Outlet, Autor: Jim Green ISBN 9781472957450)
'What if the suffering that we call depression contains experiences and lessons without which we cannot be fully alive?'
This is one of the many startling questions that Giving Up Without Giving Up invites us to ask ourselves. Depression seems to be a contemporary epidemic, a condition understandably feared and avoided by all. Yet this book explores the possibility that we have much to learn from the desert times in our lives, when it feels as though we are losing everything, most of all any sense of who we are.
Drawing on his extensive experience of meditation within both the Buddhist and Christian contemplative traditions, as well as his own times of personal loss and bewilderment, Jim Green offers us a moving account of just how this wisdom practice can accompany each of us as we make 'the gentle pilgrimage of recovery'. He guides us through 'the invention of depression' in the mid-twentieth century, questioning the increasing tendency to medicalize human suffering. Based on the insight that 'Life is the Treatment', he offers a thorough and practical approach to our times of personal desolation, showing how we can learn to treat ourselves and each other with care and compassion. At the heart of this approach is the practice of meditation, learned from the Buddha, The Desert Fathers and Mothers and from Jesus himself. It's a practice which, this heartfelt book insists, can help you 'to be depressed – which might mean in mourning – for exactly as long as you need to be, no longer and no shorter. Then, changed, you are brought back to life, which is change itself.'
Mind Body Spirit, Self Help, Psychology -
Cele mai vândute cărți
- Cum sa-ti pierzi mintile si sa devii intelept (Editura: Curtea Veche, Autor: Ana Watts ISBN 9786064409300)45,00 RON
- Ghidul tau pentru success si fericire / Cei mai cititi autori motivationali (Editura: Curtea Veche ISBN 9786064409386)55,00 RON
- Fara suparare / Puterea secreta a emotiilor la locul de munca ( Editura: Curtea Veche, Autor(i): Liz Fosslien, Mollie West Duffy ISBN 9786064409355)58,00 RON
- Bcalaureat Logica, Argumentare si Comunicare (Editura: Paralela45, Autor, Cecilia Ionescu ISBN 9789734733668)21,25 RON25,00 RON (-15%)
- Learning Teaching - The Essential Guide to English Language Teaching: includes DVD ( editura: Macmillan, autor: Jim Scrivener ISBN 9780230729841 )120,00 RON150,00 RON (-20%)